Monday, August 16, 2010

Canberra Craft and Quilt Fair

Well, it's been over a week since the craft and quilt fair, and I have finally got around to writing about it!
MIL Truedy and I had two great days - the first shopping and doing workshops and the second looking at the quilts. We've decided that next year we are going to do it in three days, and not take Liam! There were a number of workshops we were interested in doing, but didn't have time for. We learned two quilt as you go techniques, as well as paper piecing hexagons. I can see why hexagons can be so addictive!
One of the things I bought which I am most excited about is an 'in the ditch' foot for my sewing machine. I also got a white fabric marker as a free gift which will be fabulous for Lesley's birthday quilt, as it's on a black background.
Here's the goodies I bought:



And here are my hexagons:



Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. How lucky you were to go to the quilt fair.. and your hexie colours are so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete